Sharing my encounter and a couple solutions on how to repair the “Outlook is closing” concern
In the past, I utilised an e mail consumer to entry my e-mails and my application of selection was Mozilla Thunderbird. I imagine that I have talked about that a handful of situations here on the site. I’ve extensive considering the fact that offered up making use of e mail purchasers and choose to use the website edition rather, specifically for Gmail.
Nonetheless, when I obtained the Dell Inspiron 5490 All-In-A single Desktop, one particular of the preinstalled software package was Microsoft Outlook. I have tried using Outlook in the earlier and due to the fact it was presently there, I resolved that I would try out working with it all over again.
Following a couple months of applying Outlook, I encountered an challenge wherever the plan wouldn’t near adequately. When I consider to reopen or relaunch Outlook, absolutely nothing comes about. When I checked the notification region, I noticed a greyed-out icon and when I place the mouse about it demonstrates “Outlook is closing“.
Outlook is Closing Non permanent Fix
The very best option I experienced at that time was to eliminate the procedure since restarting the laptop or computer took longer. To do that just do the following actions:
- Press the Regulate-Alt-Delete keys at the similar time
- Click on Activity Supervisor (alternatively you can suitable-simply click on the Home windows brand and click Task Manager)
- Click on on the Buyers tab
- Scroll down and seem for the procedure named Outlook.exe
- Choose Outlook.exe, ideal-click on, and simply click on Stop activity
Soon after next this course of action, I was now equipped to restart or reopen Outlook.
Some individuals are saying that the “Outlook is closing” difficulty is caused by damaged or defective increase-ins but in my situation, I did not have any increase-ins mounted so I’m not confident what may well have brought on it. The techniques I supplied higher than are just a short-term deal with and you would not want to maintain accomplishing it every single solitary time Outlook does not startup so I’m also going to share with you some choice answers I uncovered on the net that are intended to resolve the concern permanently.
Outlook is Closing Different Options
I no for a longer period have to confront this challenge for the reason that I stopped applying Outlook. If you’re here to come across a alternative to aid take care of the “Outlook is closing” concern, in this article are a several alternatives you can consider:
Produce A New Outlook Profile
- Open up the Outlook application
- Click on File, then click on + Insert Account
- Adhere to the prompts/methods and complete setting up your electronic mail account
- Check if the concern has been fixed
Repair service Office App
- Open up Command Panel
- Appear for Systems and simply click on Uninstall a method
- Scroll down and seem for Microsoft 365, ideal-click and simply click Change
- Choose either Brief Mend or On line Maintenance
- Follow the guidelines on the display to comprehensive the repair
- Test if the concern has been solved
Disable Damaged Outlook Incorporate-Ins
- Push the Windows brand + R button to open the Run command dialog box
- Kind in outlook /protected and push Enter
- This will start the Outlook application in risk-free manner
- On the menu bar, simply click on File and decide on Alternatives to open the Options wizard
- Following, click on on the Add-ins tab
- Scroll down to the base and appear for the Handle part, click on on the Go button
- Make confident to uncheck all readily available Insert-ins and simply click Okay to conserve modifications
- Relaunch Outlook and look at if the situation has been solved
If the alternatives earlier mentioned failed to take care of the difficulty, there is another solution that involves fixing corrupt info documents.
Mend Corrupt Outlook Data File
- Press the Home windows logo + E button to open up Windows Explorer
- On the deal with bar, style in C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficerootOffice16*
- Find the file SCANPST.EXE and run (double-click) it
- Enter or type in the path and file identify of the .pst file** that you want to mend and click Start
- When the task is completed, click the Fix button
- Verify if the problem has been settled
*If you can’t find the SCANPST.EXE file in the location delivered previously mentioned, you can find it by next these measures:
- Run Microsoft Outlook
- Open up Undertaking Supervisor and identify the Microsoft Outlook procedure
- Suitable-simply click on Microsoft Outlook and click on Open up file area
- Windows Explorer will open up the folder the place Outlook is mounted
- Scroll down and look for the SCANPST.EXE file
**If you really don’t know how to find the .pst file, test out this link.
As I stated earlier, I really don’t have to offer with this difficulty any longer mainly because I stopped working with Outlook. I resolved to share this to enable any one dealing with the similar difficulty. Hopefully 1 of the proposed solutions will assistance.
If you know of an different solution aside from the ones stated in this write-up that fixes the “Outlook is closing” difficulty, you should share it with us so that we can include it in this article and assist people today out.
Did you uncover this post valuable? If you did, please click on the Indeed button under the “Was This Report Handy?” segment and by sharing it on social media making use of the share icons under the submit title.