Kaitlyn Cimino / Android Authority
Galaxy Watch 4
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on software releases for Samsung’s 2021 smartwatches. We’ll detail the current firmware versions for the Galaxy Watch 4 and the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out.
Latest Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 series update
December 9, 2022: The Galaxy Watch 4 series is getting a minor update through Verizon. This usually means the Wi-Fi-only versions have already seen a similar update or will get one shortly. This software update comes with firmware versions R865USQU1GVK6 (40mm) and R875USQU1GVK6 (44mm) and provides performance improvements and enhancements to the smartwatches.
To check for a Galaxy Watch 4 update on your device, head to Settings > Software update on your watch. Or, open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone and head to Watch settings > Watch software update.
Don’t miss: Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 review
- October 10, 2022: In October, Samsung posted a very minor software update to the Galaxy Watch 4 series (via 9to5Google). The changelog had just one entry: “Improved system stability and reliability.”
- September 15, 2022: Samsung is pushing out the stable version of its One UI Watch 4.5 update globally. The company has been beta testing the update since June. The update will come with firmware version R870XXU1GVH2 and will bring all of the compatible features that debuted on the Galaxy Watch 5 to the Galaxy Watch 4.
- June 16, 2022: Samsung is now pushing out the June 2022 security update to the Galaxy Watch 4 series. The update is reportedly rolling out in Europe right now and comes with firmware version R895FXXU1FVE1. It brings improvements to system stability and reliability and not much else.
- May 22, 2022: Samsung finally made the Google Assistant available on the Galaxy Watch 4.
- May 4, 2022: Samsung rolled out the May 2022 security update to the Galaxy Watch 4 series with firmware version R8**XXU1FVD4.
- April 7, 2022: An update that improved system stability and reliability, and brought updates to Samsung Health rolled out to devices in April. The update featured firmware version R8**XXU1FVC8.
- February 10, 2022: Samsung rolled out the first major update of 2022 to the Galaxy Watch 4. The update brought an improved gamified contextual sleep tracking system, better health coaching and interval targets for runners and cyclists, and new watch faces with additional colors and fonts for tinkerers. The update weighed in around 670MB and included firmware version R8**XXU1EVA8.
- November 11, 2021: An update with firmware version R8**XXU1DUK1 arrived, bringing “improved system stability and reliability” to the wearables.
What firmware are you running on your Galaxy Watch 4? Let us know in the comments. Also, if you’ve spotted an OTA that we haven’t, tip us!